Taxol – Cy Pres Recipients
Grants Awarded From Taxol Settlement Fund
- Between Women Breast Cancer Organization ($28,857) to provide breast cancer education and outreach to women and their families in Imperial County.
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition ($73,440) to provide one-on-one assistance to newly diagnosed ovarian cancer patients in Sacramento and the Central Valley with potential replication in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Bakersfield.
- Natividad Medical Foundation ($75,000) to develop and implement an education and support program for women diagnosed with breast cancer and their families in South Monterey County.
- Sharp HealthCare Foundation ($4,600) to provide diagnostic tests for uninsured patients suspected of having breast cancer.
- Stanislaus County Health Services Agency Foundation ($50,000) to develop and conduct a cancer education program for family practice residents and purchase equipment for cancer patient care.
- University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Urology ($75,000) to develop and distribute audio education materials for patients diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- University of California, San Francisco, Comprehensive Cancer Center($106,000) to support and expand a Symptom Management Services Program providing screening, counseling and referral services to prostate and ovarian cancer patients.
- The Wellness Community ($43,466) to conduct a rehabilitation program for women who have completed treatment for breast cancer, through TWC San Francisco/East Bay, Foothills, South Bay, Valley Ventura and West Los Angeles.
- Women’s Cancer Resource Center ($82,910) to hire a Volunteer Coordinator to implement a program to recruit, train and retain volunteers serving women with cancer and their families in Alameda and Contra Costa counties.